Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Grants in Zimbabwe
The Embassy of Canada in Zimbabwe is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian Embassy or High Commission.
The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law. Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- The average CFLI contribution is between $25,000.00 and $35,000.00 Canadian Dollars (maximum).
- This is equivalent to approximately USD $18,000.00 – USD $25,000.00.Eligibility Criteria
- Local, national or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit)
- Local municipal, regional or national government institution or agency of the recipient country
- Local academic institution
- Canadian organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities
- International or regional organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities
- Intergovernmental or multilateral institution, organization or agency working on local development activities
- The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations may be eligible for funding, provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI.
Similarly, municipal, regional and national government institutions may receive funding, provided that their projects are essentially local in nature.
The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects that deliver measurable results.
Apply by 11th August.
For more information and application details, see; Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Grants in Zimbabwe