Through this call forproposals, CAORC aims to identify potential project partners that could benefit from modest awards to help improve the security, safety, and preservation of at-risk sites, collections, or traditions in the country. The program welcomes applications from cultural heritage professionals, non-profit organizations, and local government ministries/agencies, although all awarded projects must demonstrate the approval and support of the relevant local authorities engaged in cultural heritage protection.
The maximum grant award is $4,250 USD per project. Budgets should be concise and in a chart format. Please provide applicant’s budget explanatory notes in MS Excel, MS Word, or PDF file format. Budget categories should include:
- Procurement– equipment, supplies
- Salaries/Per Diem–fundingfor project personnel
- Lodging– lodging for project personnel
- Transportation– domestic or international air and ground transport
- Other– please include all costs not noted above
- Competition open to Yemeni and foreign professionals and organizations involved in the preservation of threatened sites, collections, and/or cultural traditions in Yemen
- Applicants must demonstrate close partnership and engagement with local Yemeni professionals and organizations, including obtaining all required permissions and permits for the proposed project
- Proposed projects should address critical, emergency heritage preservation issues that need to be addressed quickly
Required Proposal Components
In a narrative statement of no more than 2,500 words (written in English or Arabic in MS WORD format), please address the following items (narratives should also include 3-4 relevant images or figures that visually describe the proposed project):
- Background: Provide a brief description of the importance of the site, collection, or cultural resource under threat.
- Urgency and Need: Describe the urgent threats that are affecting the resource’s long-term preservation and the specific need/problem that the proposed project will address.
- Project Design: Describe how the project will address the identified needs/problems of the site, collection, or cultural resource under threat and how the project’s goals and objectives will aim to reduce or eliminate these threats.
- Impact and Sustainability: Describe the impact the project will have on the long-term preservation of the cultural resource, as well as the specific methods that will be used to sustain project results, including localtrainingand capacity-building measures and engagement with local communities.
- Team: Provide a list of the key personnel who will implement the project; include full name(s), affiliation, and project role/title. Include short statements for each about their experience, training, etc., as well as current resumes, if available.
- Data Management: Describe how the project will collect, manage, store, and make available any data gathered during the project.
- Workplan: Give a detailed schedule and workplan for achieving project goals and objectives.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.caorc.org/programs-kaplan-rpi