Organization:Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services
Europe/Middle East and Central Asia Region
Position Title:Case Worker – Education Grants
Department:Basic Education Project
Compensation Band:Band 4
Reports to:Project Officer – Education Grants
Country/Location:Egypt – Maadi Office
The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs. CRS Egypt works in a wide variety of areas within the development field.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: the livelihoods program, interfaith peacebuilding program and the education assistance program for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, and promoting peace and tolerance, to educational grants for refugees, and the protection of children who are victims of trafficking. Additional programming includes Emergency Preparedness and Response projects that arise as need be. A regional Management Quality unit assists the country program support department in developing and maintaining the highest level of operations standards.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and a sub-office in Maadi.
As part of education program, the basic education project supports over 30,000 refugees and asylum seekers children with access to education through a financial grant program and improves the quality of education received by students through a variety of non-formal educational activities and initiatives to improve the learning environment of students. These two components of the annual program require a substantial full-time staff as well as volunteers who assist in project implementation periodically throughout the year.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
In the same way, the Case Worker for Education Grants, under the supervision of the Project Officer for Education Grants, will handle all the meetings with the project beneficiaries to provide the needed assistance (technical and financial) then keep a track record of all the students data.
· Facilitate communication with all members of community, through meetings, phone calls and social media with the project’s beneficiaries.
· Conducting meetings/interviews with the students to provide them with the grant/financial support.
· Prepare transactional documents in support of project implementation and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing.
· Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project implementation.
· Assist the students in arising matters related to their studies and respond to queries from all students enrolled in the program that relates to their studies.
· Conduct monthly field visits to the schools in order to check the students’ attendance and academic performances.
· Keep records of the students’ status and progress across the life time of the project.
· Update the Education Program database on regular basis with relevant field data.
· Assist in reports development based on the fields visits, attendance and grades.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree is required in a related field.
· Two years experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience with word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
· Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language:Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required:Job requires travel to field (defined as outside of Cairo metropolitan area), Upper and Lower Egypt, to implement and assist partners and follow up projects (approximately 20%). More frequent travel required to sites within Cairo metropolitan area.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal:All education team members, Education Program Administration Team, and CRS support functions (finance, procurement, IT, HR and Admin).
External:Community Members (refugees/asylum seekers and host communities), Ministry of Education in Egypt, donor Implementing Partners.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer:This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer