This course focuses on the basic principles of personal and interpersonal leadership that can be used in situations where the audiences are in a humanitarian situation. Emphasis will be placed on vision, goals and objectives, motivation, decision making, dealing with change and diversity issues. The audience has found self in that situation either because of bad leadership, food or any other humanitarian condition. By the end of the course, the learner is expected to increase their personal and interpersonal awareness, shaped their analytical skills and gained a greater understanding of the complex issues facing today’s leaders.
Some of the topics to be covered include the following:
- Defining leadership; develop a personal definition of leadership and evaluate what the following, a) personal leadership b) Organizational leadership c) Global leadership
- Leadership concepts; they include vision, goals, motivation, decision making, time management, team building, conflict, dealing with change, communication skills, ethics and diversity issues.
- Leadership theory; introduce students to leadership theory models and use the relational leadership model as a frame for understanding leadership and exploration of leadership views.
- Personal leadership profile; examine themselves in leadership and their strengths as well as talents, evaluation of leadership styles through the use of Myers-Briggs personality test.
- Leadership in the context of a community; practical aspects of group development and its dynamics
Course Begins on 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €400
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage