Applications are invited for Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme to pursue the twelve-week residential course at the University of Oxford’s Department of Politics and International Relations. This Fellowship is awarded to Indian students for Leadership and Excellence.
The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with strong and demonstrable leadership potential.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible with the changing needs of the students.
The University of Oxford is a world-leading center of learning, teaching and research and the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It is renowned for the quality and diversity of its research and teaching excellence. Oxford is the world’s number one university according to the Times Higher Education Rankings 2016-17.
Course Level:Fellowship is available for a twelve-week residential course at the University of Oxford’s Department of Politics and International Relations.
Study Subject:Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to current issues and themes impacting global leadership, including:
- Economics of global integration: growth, trade, regulation, and deregulation
- The role of science and technology: climate change, the internet, technological interconnectedness, cybersecurity
- International governance and government of the nation-state: the UN, WTO and trade agreements, the European Union and Brexit
- Social challenges of and to global integration: migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance
- The new politics of support and opposition to global integration: nationalism and internationalism, security and conflict
- Personal development and leadership skills
Scholarship Award:Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India to the UK
The number of Awards:12 Gurukul fellows are selected each year from future Indian leaders, with strong and demonstrable leadership qualities.
Scholarship can be taken inthe UK
Eligibility:To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme for Leadership and Excellence, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying
- Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, the private sector, media, and civil society
- Have a good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor
- Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines, requirements, and expectations of the programme
Nationality:Indian citizens can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements:Applicants must be undergraduate and postgraduate students.
English Requirement:Chevening acceptsEnglish languagetests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL Ibt
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
How to Apply:The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline:Applications for this fellowship are open from 17 December 2018 – 27 February 2019