Organization: Asian Services In Action
Closing date:25 Jan 2019
Asian Services In Action, Inc., the largest AAPI-focused health and social services agency in Ohio, seeks a Chief Executive Officer to lead a growing nonprofit and Federally Qualified Health Center. ASIA, Inc. addresses the health, assimilation, and job-readiness needs of 58,000+ clients a year. The CEO provides overall vision and direction for the organization, upholding a critical role as a leader in the community and responsible for:
- Guiding strategic planning
- Managing board relations
- Directing administrative activities (human resources, facilities, risk management, etc.)
- Supervising the leadership team
- Guiding and supporting program managers in program development and implementation
- Fundraising and development
- Representing the organization as a key spokesperson
The CEO is also responsible for formulating policy positions and providing local-, state-, and national-level representation on public policy issues that impact AAPIs, immigrants, refugees, and other vulnerable communities.
The CEO will be developing authentic and meaningful collaborations (i.e. technical assistance and other strategic support) with AAPI ethnic, voluntary, and social organizations, and serve as a bridge between these groups to other organizations, institutions, funders, and policymakers to transform the lives of Ohio’s AAPI, immigrant, and refugee communities.
- Bachelor’s degree with ten years of work experience required. Advanced degree such as an MBA, MPA, MSW or in another related area strongly preferred.
- At least five years of senior management experience in a complex multi-service health and/or social service organization.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector and interacting with leadership teams and diverse boards. Alternatively, extensive senior strategic leadership experience in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with the AAPI, immigrant, and refugee communities, and the issues and challenges facing AAPIs
- Track record in successful fund development including experience with donor, funder, and partner relations
- Experience with program management and development
- Strong knowledge of human resources, facilities management, and risk management
- Extensive financial management that includes budgeting, grants/contracts monitoring,
- and federal audit/compliance