· Leading and managing the LFO Relief and Social Services Programme in compliance with UNRWA’s overall policies, including by developing, administering, and monitoring the programme’s activities; approving the annual work plan; recommending the budget and controlling the Programme’s financial and other resources; advising on the Agency’s Relief and Social Services activities and proposing changes to policies where needed;
· Assessing priorities of vulnerable refugees in the Field through managing surveys and data collection processes including to evaluate appropriateness and effectiveness of the Programme’s services in relation to needs; proposing areas of intervention, including implementation methods and related activities to meet refugees’ needs; guiding the process of project development through recommending projects and supervising the implementation of projects;
· Overseeing and guiding the Agency’s social transfer programmes in the Field through emergency assistance and the Social Safety Net Programme; providing for monitoring of assistance operations and the efficient and effective utilisation of resources;
· Providing quality assurance and supervision of the Field’s refugee registration processes including eligibility criteria according to the Agency’s regulatory registration instructions; and maintaining refugees records and family files;
· Guiding and managing the Programme’s human resources and identification of technical training needs including those related to the implementation of a professional social work and case management programme;
· Providing support to revisions of Relief and Social Services policies and regulatory framework led by RSSD in Headquarters;
· Coordinating multi-sectoral activities with other Programmes; liaising and coordinating activities with other UN agencies, private institutions, and governmental and non-governmental organizations involved in providing relief and social services to the refugee community in the Field of operation;
· Briefing delegations representing donor governments, NGOs and media;
· Overseeing the review and implementation of a reformed micro-credit community support programme, as applicable.
Performing other duties as require
How to apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing the UNRWA Personal History Form, bearing in mind that the information included in it must be true, complete and correct in all respects. Any misrepresentation or material omission may lead to the disqualification of the candidate, and any internal candidate would be liable to termination. Applications and amendments will not be accepted after the deadline of the vacancy announcement. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered.
Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or/and interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.