Job Title:French and English Speaking Chief of Party, Accountability for Development in Côte d’Ivoire
Location:Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Reports to:Project Director based in Washington, DC
Equal Access International (EAI) is an international not-for-profit organization (501(c)(3)) working in several countries in Africa and Asia. EAI creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world in the areas of peacebuilding and transforming extremism, championing gender equality and women’s empowerment, and governance and civic participation.
EAI is preparing for the USAID-funded Accountability for Development (A4D) Activity, which aims to address improvement of the Government of Côte d’Ivoire’s (GoCI) inclusivity, responsiveness, and accountability to citizens’ needs and concerns, particularly for women and youth as a means to strengthen conditions for stability.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the activity, ensuring an integrated approach to achieving project results. The COP shall be the principal point of contact in Ivory Coast for procedural and substantive matters, including technical matters. S/he shall coordinate and ultimately be responsible for the management and implementation of the activity. S/he shall also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award. S/he will be expected to proactively identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
Reporting & Supervision:The Chief of Party will report to a Project Director based in Washington, DC.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, law, development studies, etc. or a Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for a Master’s degree
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to local governance and civic engagement – at least three (3) years of which must be in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Experience working in the municipal governance sector in Africa is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills inFrench and English. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with different donors, civil society organizations, and host country government counterparts
Ivorian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. EAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EAI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and applicants seeking employment. **