World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking an experienced Chief of Party (CoP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Higher Education Capacity Development program in Lebanon focused on strengthening higher education institutions to equip students with the necessary technical, soft, and leadership skills to excel in the labor market with the goal of increased workforce development linked to job opportunities.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for technical leadership and provide administrative oversight of the implementation of all components under this program. S/he will serve as World Learning’s principal liaison to the donor. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strong leadership, organizational management, exemplary communication skills; and be politically savvy with the ability to solve problems quickly while ensuring program quality and integrity; be a dynamic individual and seasoned director who is experienced in managing project implementation partnerships, coordinating with government entities, partner organizations, and program stakeholders; and able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Strong track record of effective management in Lebanon or the Middle East region strongly desired.
• Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
• In conjunction with USAID and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
• Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations;
• Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
• Serve as overall communications/liaison with the donor, implementing partners, and key stakeholders including government representatives of Lebanon;
• Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
• Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
• Represent World Learning at conferences, working groups, and meetings;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field required, with a PhD strongly preferred;
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded capacity development and/or education programs; experience leading complex, fast-paced programs in emerging democracies; with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Chief of Party, Country Director, or Deputy for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope, preferably in the Lebanon or the region;
• Demonstrated technical expertise in capacity development, higher education systems strengthening, and/or youth workforce development and employment; experience managing project’s with capacity development, grants-making, community engagement, and training;
• Previous resident work experience in Lebanon or the region strongly desired;
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements; demonstrated knowledge establishing systems and leading project start-up under limited time constraints;
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills with track record of collaborative and responsive management;
• Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Arabic required and French preferred;
• Strong leadership and personnel management skills; Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is anequal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interested candidates should submit their CV or resume and cover letter (in English) to:firstname.lastname@example.org.Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note in the email body explaining your qualifications for the position.Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.