World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for aChief of Party (COP)based in Jordan for an anticipated multi-year USAID-funded program Jordan Technical Assistance Program (JTAP), subject to award. The project seeks to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. Activities will include providing technical support to the GoJ and relevant stakeholders in organizational systems strengthening; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); evidence-based planning and decision making; human resources management systems; and financial resource management.
The Chief of Party reports to the Home Office and is responsible for overall coordination and management and support to the different activities under this project. S/he is the primary liaison with USAID/ Jordan and all participating local education institutions and other organizations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs implementation of the project’s strategic long-term vision, provides overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity, ensuring that activities align with the project’s vision and partners achieve the expected results;
- Overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the GoJ to successfully implement education and youth reforms;
- Manage subcontracts and partners; ensure coordinated inputs and technical/managerial quality from all partners and collaborators;
- Ensures that all activities conform to the terms and conditions of the contract – including cost, schedule and quality parameters, conferring with the USAID COR on challenges and opportunities to maximize impact and scale, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency and sustainability in achieving targeted results;
- Serves as the primary liaison between USAID, Jordan Government, program stakeholders, implementing partners, and World Education’ program management unit on all program related matters;
- Collaborate with WEI HQ to ensure quality of program deliverables, guarantee accurate and timely reporting, and coordinate provision of relevant technical assistance based on project needs; Ensure adherence to WEI security policies and procedures and provide leadership for staff in emergencies;
- Facilitates close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff;
- Monitor progress of project activities, report to USAID and partners on programmatic progress and results, ensure that project deliverables are met within the agreed-upon timeframe;
- Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in education, social sciences, international development, or any related field. PhD preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams, preferably for a USAID-funded project or other international donor;
- A proven record of excellent program and financial management for results for large-scale projects;
- Ability to work in remote areas of the country to oversee project management and provide technical expertise;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with host government, development/cooperating partners, and other stakeholders in implementing a complex project under challenging circumstances;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing in Arabic and English to make formal and informal presentations and to compose professional and analytic reports and program documents;
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic language skills are essential;
- Five (5) years of prior experience managing USAID-funded programs and strong knowledge of USAID program/financial management systems and reporting requirements;
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is required; Jordanian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Ability to work in Jordan.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
World Education improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 20 countries. World Education’s programs promote individual and collective change: Our training programs improve adult education, help displaced peoples, stem the tide of HIV, and reduce violence through conflict resolution. How do we do it? World Education is a leader in building the skills, knowledge and resources of local groups so they can accomplish their missions effectively.
We use experiential and engaging teaching techniques to help people and organizations develop skills that build on the learners’ context (cultural, linguistic, geographic, and economic), and include vital information about life and livelihoods—health, agriculture, small business development—that learners can put to immediate use.
Founded in 1951 to meet the needs of the educationally disadvantaged, World Education has worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as in the United States. Working in concert with private, public, and nongovernmental organizations, World Education initiatives support effective local management and promote partnerships between local organizations.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter email@example.com
World Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.