Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the proposed five-year, $16-20 million Communications and Outreach Mechanism (COM) program. COM seeks to increase the awareness of USAID/Pakistan civilian assistance programs implemented in Pakistan by raising awareness of their benefits to communities and individuals across the country. The chief of party will oversee the COM project, which will include comprehensive nationwide and regional media campaigns, communication and outreach support services, publicity and press management, and media research, monitoring, and analysis. The project will be based in Islamabad. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop and produce a series of culturally and politically sensitive media campaigns to be delivered to a variety of populations across Pakistan, including to women and other vulnerable groups
- Serve as the primary liaison between the contractor and designated USAID contracting officer’s representative, in addition to serving as a key liaison to project stakeholders and partners, including local government, non-government, and media organizations and counterparts in the public and private sector
- Supervise key personnel and technical and administrative staff
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal Chemonics policies, and USAID regulations
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing a similar program in a developing country context, 8 of these in a leadership or managerial role in an advertising media communications firm
- University degree in journalism, mass communication, marketing, public relations, advertising, or a related field required
- Experience designing and implementing development communication strategies
- Experience leading the development and production of culturally and politically sensitive mass media campaigns
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Urdu a plus
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line email@example.com December 7, 2018. Early submissions are encouraged, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.