Organization: Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in East Africa. Position to be based in East Africa.
The purpose of RISE is to support the development of stronger economies in the East Africa region through improved market systems, increased cross-border trade, more competitive industries and a more market-oriented policy environment.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall implementation strategy. The COP will be the principal liaison between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID.
* Master’s degree in business management, economics, law, international development, or other relevant field required;
* At least ten (10) years of director-or higher-level experience leading development projects in at least one of the following technical disciplines: value chain development, business environment improvement; public-private partnership facilitation, export and investment promotion, economic policy reform, and/or regional trade;
* Previous experience as COP for a large-scale (>$25 million) USAID-funded project required;
* Demonstrated experience managing successful, multi-sectoral donor-funded projects in Africa required; relevant experience in Kenya and/or another East African country preferred;
* Strong knowledge of relevant East African regional institutions preferred;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders;
* Fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPEastAfricaRISE
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.