Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for nearly 40 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food for Progress program FY2020 will support Uganda to enhance its spice sector to increase productivity and expand trade of Ugandan spices.
The COP will provide strategic vision, overall leadership and technical direction to the project. The COP will ensure the project is planned and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. The COP will be the primary liaison with USDA and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management and compliance. The COP is expected to provide a vision and technical leadership for project interventions.
- Responsible for overall management to achieve project results while serving as principal liaison with US Government (USG) representatives, relevant government counterparts and community stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction and leadership as well as oversight of all administrative matters in all program areas.
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities and all project deliverables.
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring, evaluation and learning activities and ensure that project results are met.
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables within budget and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to USG/Stakeholders on all program areas
- Ensure project is implemented in full compliance with Venture37 standard operating procedures and practices and all relevant USAID and USG rules and regulations.
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful, encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. BA/BS) in agribusiness, international development, economics, business management, agricultural or rural development, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated senior management experience in managing relevant donor-funded development programs.
- Proven leadership skills building and managing cooperative, high-level relationships and motivating diverse teams.
- Extensive experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing development projects and activities, particularly spice production and processing.
- Demonstrated experience adapting project implementation and activities to achieve objectives and targets as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across projects, be flexible, and creative and successfully lead an intercultural team in development and post-conflict contexts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in financial planning and management, human resources, procurement and other management support areas/functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An advanced degree (e.g. MA/MS, PhD) in agribusiness, international development, economics, business management, agricultural or rural development or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated senior management experience managing relevant donor-funded programs.
- Previous experience serving as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party on a US Government-funded project.
- Experience managing donor funded programs preferably in East Africa.
The position described above is contingent upon activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.