Chief of Party, USAID Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform, Peru, Colombia, Brazil
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/Peru is looking to contracting a firm to support the adaptive management of USAID programs under the Amazon Vision and to improve knowledge and evidence for the conservation of Amazon biodiversity and climate change mitigation services.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party to provide overall management of the regional USAID/Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform covering at a minimum Peru, Colombia, and Brazil.
- Serve as principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract and serve as the primary point of contract with USAID/Peru on day-to-day implementation and management issues; supervising the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the Contract.
- Provide expertise on the project’s learning, knowledge and adaptive management driven, and analytical activities.
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services from both in-Peru long-term staff and incoming short-term consultants.
- Ensure timely information on the progress and status of all activities, including but not limited to the timely delivery of required reports in forms agreed to with USAID/Peru and ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of Contract operations.
- Conceptualize, deliver, and arrange for the delivery of high quality leadership and organizational development interventions for USAID/Peru, its IPs and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that Contract operations model (through the Offeror’s philosophies, approaches and behaviors) the iterative, flexible, adaptive management way of doing business that USAID/Peru seeks to achieve itself and promote among its IPs, counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, business, public administration, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in providing assistance to USAID or other clients in evaluations and/or assessments, of similar size and scope in developing countries and seven years’ experience with learning and adaptive management.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs.
- Familiarity with the Peruvian, Colombian, Brazilian culture, society and development context or that of other similar countries in the region.
- Experience in South America highly preferred.
- Fluency in English required; Spanish and/or Portuguese required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.