SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to quickly understand the successes and challenges on the ground, and to take prompt action, if needed.
SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based Chief of Party (COP) to provide oversight and management of this contract.
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and reporting to both.
- Manage the entire IDIQ and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met.
- Define and manage overall TO 1 and IDIQ requirements: including staffing, and cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the IDIQ and associated TOs.
- Oversee and supervise IDIQ technical and administrative/financial staff and consultants.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract and overseeing all quality control and reporting.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and government officials.
- Travel to Somalia as necessary to ensure management of the IDIQ.
- Graduate degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience managing multi-million-dollar development projects.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- At least three years of experience as a COP, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Somalia as necessary.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply to the position, please visit our website:https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA….
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.