Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Scaling Up Renewable Energy II activity. Based in Washington, D.C., this activity will assist partner countries in increasing the level of and integrating renewable energy and new technology into their electricity mixes using a cost-effective, reliable, and environmentally friendly methodology that enables countries to achieve greater self-reliance. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of the program and all its activities and cross-cutting tasks, including tracking implementation of the work plan, providing quality control of products, and liaising with and providing expert guidance to the U.S. government as required
- Graduate degree in economics, energy/environmental policy, engineering, or a related field; M.B.A. and J.D. also accepted
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working on similar energy sector programs
- Strong background in renewable energy and demonstrated expertise in strategic energy planning, grid integration, competitive procurement, and/or end of life management
- Experience in senior leadership position that involved direction over renewable energy program activities either inside or outside the United States
- Experience in long-term or short-term positions overseas
- Demonstrated experience in rapidly assembling and managing teams that have the appropriate skills and experience to effectively execute identified tasks and provide strategic leadership to the project
- Ability to embrace fresh thinking, new approaches, and technology trends in renewable energy development
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to EnergyExpertsDC@chemonics.com no later than April 28, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.