Organization: Save the Children
As a member of the Programme Development & Quality (PDQ) Team, the CPYS will be responsible for developing and articulating a full spectrum Child Protection and adololescents& youth strategy. In close coordination with the program operations team, the CPYS will provide technical guidance and oversight in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all CP and adolescents/youth activities. Ensuring that CP and youth interventions are implemented in a high quality and timely manner. This includes developing and implementing technical capacity building plans for SCI and partners staff. The CPYS with other technical specialists across all thematic areas in the development and implementation of integrated quality programming across all thematic areas. The CPYS will be a technical lead on developing high quality concept notes and proposals in close coordination with awards, partner organizations and the field teams.
CPYS will develop and maintain strong relationships with Government, UN, INGOs and local partners. In addition to ensuring program development and quality, S/he will represent SCI and actively participate on Child Protection Sub-cluster/working groups, be an active participant in the regional adolescents/youth community of practice, and closely collaborates with SCI advocacy and communications team.
The CPYS ensures strategic and technical links to regional, global and Member thematic technical capacity groups for strategic alignment and advocacy purposes.
SCI is in Iraq is responding to humanitarian needs that evolving frequently, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to work beyond working hours.
· Master’s Degree in a social science, International Relations, Development studies or similar field, or 10 years work experience in relevant to CP and youth .
· Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in child protection and adolescents/youth programmes in a humanitarian or development context
· Previous experience of working with a large Protection team of international and national staff
· Capacity to support the development of monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes
· Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large Protection team
· Previous experience of implementing awards funded by institutional donors with medium to high levels of compliance requirements, e.g. ECHO, CIDA, USAID, OFDA, DfID. European donors, European Commission or Scandinavian experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of key CP standards, in particular INEE
· Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on CP related topics.
· Experience of senior level representation
· Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
· Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
· Excellent communication skills
· Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· English language fluency, a high level of written and spoken English is required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
· Work experience internationally will be positively weighted.
Contract Length: 12 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org please mention the position title in the subject line of the email.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.