Organization: UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child,dedication
Child Protection is one of UNICEF China’s programme areas. It supports the Government of China in developing an equitable and integrated child protection system that benefits all children in China. A key element is the development of the workforce of social workers, including para-professionals. The child protection programme further contributes to ensuring that children benefit from a family and community environment that protects them from violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect. This part of the programme also contains a component of strengthening the community-based social work workforce with a focus on para-professionals/community workers.
How can you make a difference?
To support our extensive work in this area, we are seeking a professionally qualified and experienced child protection officer, with social work and research skills and ideally experience or familiarity in massive open online courses development.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the implementation and strengthen the result-based monitoring of the pilot of social work service for children in rural and poverty-stricken areas
- Support the development of the online learning platform, including designing new modules and training courses related to child protection
- Support the development and research of social work policy for children
- Advocacy, communication and knowledge management
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in Social Work, or a related field;
- A minimum of at least three years’ relevant work experience, preferably at the national or international level in the formulation, implementation, and monitoring of development projects or as a professional social worker;
- Proven analytical and research skills in the area of social work for children and knowledge of child protection issues and social work in China;
- Previous experience or familiarity in developing online courses, IT and website maintenance an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational skills to promote project management and manage complexities;
- Ability to take initiatives and work independently;
- Computer skills: Command of standard office software packages;
- Full professional proficiency in English and Chinese, written and oral.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and proven understanding and sensitivity to cultural nuances
- Interpersonal skills, capacity to work with different personalities to deliver on shared results
- Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Capacity to think outside of the box and drive innovation
- Strong communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
Duration of the assignment: One year (1 November 2018 – 30 October 2019)
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, send a Cover Letter and CV through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 516415). If you have difficulties applying online, you may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of applications is 1st October 2018.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance
in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516415