The People’s Republic of China is offering a total of 48 scholarships to Kenyans for under graduate and postgraduate studies for the 2014/2015 academic year. Two (2) of the scholarships are for postgraduate studies in Foreign Policy, four (4) are of Bachelor’s degree and forty two (42) are for Masters and PhD programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Technology and Medicine.
- KCSE mean grade B plain;
- Not more than 25 years;
- Strong grades in the major subject that are key to the preferred specialty
- Completed high school in the last 3 years.
- Has KCSE certificate
- Are serving country in the public sector.
- Completed two (2) years of continuous public service since their last degree studies.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree of at least Upper Second class honors level.
- PhD applicants must have a relevant Master’s Degree.
- Are below 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD
All eligible candidates must read and follow the following guidelines strictly
Obtain preliminary application forms from the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology offices at Telposta Towers 27th floor room 2702.
Completed application forms with attached certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates transcripts, Birth Certificate other testimonials and a study plan( 200 words for undergraduate and 800 words for postgraduate) in the area of study should be sent to:
Director – Higher Education
Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology,
P.O Box 9583 – 00200,
Or delivered to Telposta Towers 27th floor Room 2702
The preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 10th April 2014
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted through phone call or email.
For full scholarship description, scholarship application contacts and other requirements – China Scholarships for Kenya