Organization: Mercy-USA for Aid and Development
- History taking and physical examination of obstetrical and gynecological patients arriving at the health facility.
- If assessed as no emergency, refer to OPD for first line or second line/ANC consultation
- Manage any obstetrical and gynecological admission/emergency
- Ensure first aid care is performed properly
- Consult and identify patients requiring surgery, emergency intervention and/or resuscitation
- Contact the Medical Doctor for any problem encountered
Reproductive Health component:
- Follow up all complicated deliveries, intervene whenever necessary and identify those that need surgical intervention in collaboration with Medical doctor.
- Do ward rounds in Maternity and in recovery room for obstetrical and gynecological cases on a schedule basis.
- To follow the Gyn/Obs refreshment training developed by Mercy USA regional office.
- Do the round on a schedule basis with Nurses/Midwives on duty
- Prescribe treatment according to standard guidelines and protocols
- Supervise the dressing procedures during medical rounds
- Check on severely ill patients daily on a schedule basis
- Contact the health and nutrition Coordinator for any problem encountered
- Identify training needs and develop and perform trainings for staff when necessary in collaboration health and nutrition Coordinator.
Assessments of emergency preparedness:
- In the work of Mercy USA, flexibility is a requirement. This means the responsibilities of the Mercy USA team may go beyond the defined tasks and duties. Assessments of emergencies constitute such ‘extra-curricular’ activities that are required from the Mercy USA employee. These activities become necessary only in cases of disease outbreaks, nutritional crises, and mass casualties.
- In case of disease outbreaks and other emergencies in the region, participate in the investigation and intervention.
- Holds Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized University
- Is able to diagnose and treat the majority of the most common Gyn/obs pathologies and had knowledge of indications for surgery.
· 2-3 years in similar position
Work related skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to lead and manage remote
- Ability to work in harsh conditions
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Able to set targets and meet own targets on a monthly basis and follow up targets of reporting colleagues
- Able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of local Language- Somali
- English spoken and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relation skills
About Mercy USA
Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient. Incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1988, Mercy-USA’s projects focus on improving health, nutrition and access to safe water, as well as promoting economic and educational growth around the world.
The position will close on 31st October 2018, the incumbents should send their CV’s and cover letters or motivational letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted