Closing date: 25 Sep 2018
Position: Communication Intern
Application Deadline: 25th of September 2018
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
The Communication Intern will focus on producing and editing quality content for a range of SPARK communications, including the SPARK website, social media presence and newsletter. Knowledge and experience in social media is required. The intern will also provide PR and communications support for relevant upcoming events, conferences and/or seminars. In addition, the intern will help out with everyday tasks around the Amsterdam office. SPARK offers the intern the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to challenge him/herself within the context of a vibrant and growing NGO.
For this internship we are specifically looking for someone who has ideas about social media and knows how to execute these.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in producing and editing up-to-date content for the SPARK website, social media and newsletter;
- Assist in planning and executing communications and digital media strategies;
- Contribute to the enhancement of SPARK website – updating content, SEO, AdWords etc.;
- Provide communications/PR support for relevant upcoming events, conferences, seminars;
- Assist with internal communications strategies;
- Assist with designing promotional materials;
- Assist with promotional video production.
Requirements and Skills
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s programme, preferably in Communications, Journalism or a field relevant to SPARK’s work;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Proven editing and writing skills;
- Journalistic skills: not afraid of picking up the phone and giving someone a call;
- Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
- Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs/Analytics/SEO/Adwords etc.;
- Experienced with WordPress and MailChimp;
- Experience with graphic design and video production preferred (Adobe Creative Suite);
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- International and dynamic working experience;
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas and plans;
- Full-time internship contract;
- Compensation of 350 EUR gross on full-time basis.
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org or call +31 20 753 0311, with reference: Communication Intern Amsterdam.
If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org. The deadline for application is 25th of September 2018.
Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. After the application deadline we will screen all applications and will invite selected applicants for the first round of interviews. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.