Habesha Project is a humanitarian civil society iniciative that was established in 2015 as a response to the greatest displacement crisis of our time; that caused by the armed conflict in Syria.
Since that time, Habesha Project’s objective has been to make it possible for young Syrians whose studies were interrupted by the conflict to continue their university education in Mexico. To do that, we created a comprehensive model through which we select at-risk young Syrians, obtain a visa for them, validate their academic qualifications, finance their travel to Mexico, and cover their accomodation and living costs during their entire stay in the country. Also, thanks to our network of partner universities located across Mexico, our students study for their bachelor’s or master’s degrees on full scholarships.
After years of gaining experience and refining our model, Habesha Project saw the need to look beyond the Syrian crisis, and begin tackling the displacement crisis taking place globally by offering higher education opportunities to young refugees from around the world.
General mission: The Community Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of a social network strategy that keeps Habesha Project up-to-date and visible, always producing content that is clear, honest and detailed.
Post specifics: Full-time. Based in Aguascalientes with the possibility of travel.
Required work experience:
- One year paid or voluntary work experience in non-governmental organisations operating in the fields of migration, human rights or the UN 2030 Agenda, with the candidate having worked in content sharing and social networks.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in communication, international relations, marketing or similar.
- Spanish as a native language or, in the case of being a non-native speaker, excellent oral and writing skills in Spanish.
- Command of English, proven with an appropriate certification (TOEFL IBT Score 100, PBT Score 500, Cambridge First Certificate, etc.).
- Arabic desirable.
Required computer skills:
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint, and Google Drive tools.
- Command of social networking sites at an analytical level (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Develop and implement strategies for communication in social networking sites.
- Produce a weekly timetable for publications on social networks.
- Administrate the Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn profiles of Habesha Project.
- Respond to and, when necessary, redirect messages received on social networks, including Whatsapp.
- Create content for social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Update Habesha Project’s public profiles on social networks.
- Administrate folders of images and videos for use on social networks.
- Develop and coordinate campaigns on social networks.
- Produce a weekly timetable which includes dates that are important to Habesha Project and should be the foundation for the creation of content on social networks.
- Respond to comments on social networks.
- Produce periodical analytical reports on current interaction with and possible improvements of the use of social networks.
Key performance indicators:
- Publication of content on social networks on a weekly basis.
- Weekly evaluations of success in meeting the stated objectives.
- Effective communication skills, including listening skills
- Presentable appearance
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent ability in objective analysis
- Excellent writing skills
- Proactive nature**
*Habesha Project internship programs do not include a salary and flight expenses. However, it includes the next comodities:
- Utilities expenses. (Electricity, water, gas, internet)
- A daily meal from monday to friday.
How to apply
To apply please send an email to the next contact: firstname.lastname@example.org including the next documents:
- Recommendation letter
- Motivation letter
Addressed to: Álvaro Zúñiga Ayala. Human Resources Manager.