The Role:Community Mobilization Officer – Waterloo/Kailahun
* Diploma in health or nursing or related field OR Degree/Diploma in social sciences with a minimum 4 years’ professional experience in the area of SRH.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of key SRH issues affecting adolescents, barriers to services, and experience with implementing activities to increase their access to SRH knowledge and services.
* Solid understanding of the root causes and contributing factors to adolescent pregnancy and early marriage in Sierra Leone, in particular those related to social, cultural and gender norms.
* Solid understanding of gender based violence, related issues, and appropriate responses.
* Excellent facilitation skills; experience in organising and providing trainings for different audiences, including adolescents, using participatory methodologies.
* Fluency written and spoken English, ability to write clear and well-structured reports.
* Ability to plan and organise work with minimal supervision.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience engaging government agencies, traditional stakeholders, and community leaders, as well as more marginalized groups.
* Willingness to travel to and work in remote, rural, vulnerable and deprived communities
* Computer skills: Ms Words, Excel and Power Point
* Motorbike riding: must be willing to use a motorbike to travel to communities and implement project activities. Save the Children can provide training if required.
CONTRACT LENGTH:12 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately