Organization: Danish Refugee Council
DRC is looking for a highly qualified and certified consultant to develop community led projects guidelines and train a diverse team of International and national staff on community participation and engagement as well as community led projects.
Reports to: Senior CCCM Manager, Cox’s Bazar
Coordination: Deputy CCCM Manager, Cox’s Bazar
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated programme of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection.
DRC is supporting the government in the management of six camps with a population of approx. 180,000 people. The DRC Camp Management team is composed of 13 staff, focussing on coordination, emergency preparedness and response, accountability, community participation and engagement.
To strengthen community participation and ensure refugees are actively engaged in decision making processes, DRC is looking for a consultant to develop the community driven project guidelines including the process, the tools and to train the team on participation as well as the guidelines, enabling the roll out of the community driven interventions.
Consultancy Purpose/ Key responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for:
· Delivering a two-day training on community participation and engagement.
· Developing guidelines and tools for community led projects.
· Training the team on the guidelines and tools developed for community led projects.
Qualifications and skills:
· Have strong training skills.
· Have experience in camp settings.
· Have experience in developing and implementing community driven projects.
· Have strong communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
- The consultancy will take place in Cox Bazar, Bangladesh.
- The first training to be on community participation and engagement, the total number of staff trained, will be 50 in total.
- The second training to be on the guidelines and tools, the total number of staff trained will be 40, in total.
- Trainings shall be delivered from 8:30 till 17:00
- Accommodation, flights and transportation to Cox Bazar and within Cox Bazar will be covered by DRC.
Terms of Consultancy
Contract: 1 month with possibility of renewal based on performance and the availability of funding.
Duration: 1 month;
Number of working days: 22-25 days.
Location: DRC Office in Cox’s Bazar and Kutapalong camps;
Payment modality: Payment will be processed upon receipt of invoice and a signed completion of service certificate by both parties. The completion certificate will be signed once training is completed, guidelines and tools are delivered and training on guidelines is completed. Accordingly, DRC will transfer the payment to the consultant’s bank account.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV, cover letter explaining their motivation, a proposal for the consultancy including a tentative work plan with main outcomes and a basic line item budget. Please forward the application including the mentioned documents required, in English through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th September 2018. Due to the urgency of the consultancy, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and may invite candidates to interview prior to this date.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk. – Applications submitted by email will not be considered.