The Norwegian Refugee Council, NRC, is an International, Non-Governmental, Humanitarian and Apolitical Organization established in 1946, working impartially and neutrally.
With a humanitarian mandate, NRC is responding to the emergency with displaced persons and refugees as priority targets and has been operating in Mali since March 2013.
NRC Mali through these various programs ensures that gender balance is respected and is committed in its Country strategy to creating a work environment that benefits all employees.
The humanitarian and security crisis in the country has played a major role in exacerbating existing inequalities and affecting power dynamics in communities. The Malian crisis is widely recognized as a crisis of protection. The rights of vulnerable people are compromised and there is a high proportion of women and children among the internally displaced. This study will allow us to see how this crisis affects gender inequalities and how to respond appropriately to the specific needs of groups in communities.
General objective The objective of this expertise is to:
Develop and implement the Gender Analysis that will answer the following key questions:
- How internal conflicts and displacement due to conflict affect men and women differently in Mali.
- How NRC Mali integrates gender in its interventions in the areas of protection, education, ICLA and RRM
- What are the most significant/serious gender inequalities in the targeted groups and what is the impact.
- What corrective measures can be taken to reduce these gender inequalities in the communities where NRC is involved in its interventions in the areas of protection, education, ICLA, and RRM.
To achieve this goal, the consultant will take the following actions:
Develop and complete a documentary review that identifies relevant information and inadequacies that are essential for organizations with activities related to protection, education, ICLA and RRM in the field,
Develop and implement gender analysis in the field to supplement the missing information in the documentary review,
Provide a comprehensive analysis of the data collected as well as recommendations for the NRC program in Mali in relation to the Countries strategy and CC strategies, in particular interventions on protection, education, ICLA and RRM.
- Minimum of 3 years of work in the technical field of gender.
- A proven understanding of the complexity of gender issues, knowledge of the context of the Sahel region and Mali.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstration of cultural awareness, diplomacy and tact.
- Experience in training development and administration.
- French and English running.
He will clearly mention on this envelope containing the original and the copy of the offer bearing the single mention: “Call for Offer” NRC/BKO/04/2021/005(relating to the conduct of a gender analysis in Mali (NRC) in Mali); NOT TO OPEN BEFORE THE OPENING OF FOLDS »
Offers according to the above requirements.
- The deadline for submission is April 26, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- The bidder who does not submit his bid before this date and deadline will not be received.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.