Integrity is looking for a Conflict Analysis Officer for the Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) program. The program will advance the objective of fostering resilience and stability in conflict-affected communities across Syria to prevent the re-emergence of extremist groups. The program further aims to empower communities to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict; and pave the way for the safe, dignified, and voluntary return of internally displaced persons and refugees.
Terms of Reference
The Conflict Analysis Officer will be primarily responsible for the accurate and timely analysis of the context changes and conflict events in the areas of operation. Responsibilities include collecting analyzing and evaluating context and conflict events withing the wider perspective of local, national and geopolitical events pertaining to Syria. Additionally, the incumbent will provide regular verbal and written reports to key stakeholders in the programme, specific duties include:
- Obtaining and triangulating information from Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) field staff, Syrian CSOs, local stakeholders, and media sources on current developments in Syria.
- Tracking and analyzing political developments and conflict patterns and reports on how these may impact programming in work plans, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports.
- Providing rapid assessments on an ad hoc basis in coordination with the governance team and other technical teams as needed.
- Providing a detailed overview of the socio-political environment of engaged communities, including stakeholders, armed groups, and governing entities.
- Identifying communities that are safe and accessible over the short and long-term in coordination with the community engagement and project development team.
- Identifying programming risks and integrating risk mitigation measures into project design in coordination with technical teams (i.e. identification of sanctioned groups and potential changes in influence or control in target communities.)
- Identifying risks to safety of field staff and drafting security messages as necessary.
- Drafting incident reports about security incidents that implicate field staff.
- Maintaining database of security incidents provided by field staff on CMORE to calculate Risk Ratings for programming purposes, reporting, and risk premiums.
- Providing weekly briefs to managers and the donor on evolving political and security trends where has an operating presence.
Your Experience and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences (Political Science, History, International Development, etc.); Master’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of conflict and governance dynamics in fragile and conflict affected states.
- Demonstrated ability to translate context analysis findings to impact on programmatic operations.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to confidently deliver tailored presentations and briefings to various stakeholder groups.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience is required.
- Prior experience in an NGO or international organization ad experience working on Syria/Middle East is preferred.
- Experience with risk management in fragile or conflict affected contexts preferred.
- Prior experience in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties, and work irregular hours.
- Tactfulness, enthusiasm towards assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned time periods.
- Good communication skills, strong team player with high team spirit and positive attitude.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form atwww.integrityglobal.com/applyand attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
The closing date for applications is1 June 2020. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline.We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK/US data protection laws.