Training Agency: Capacity Africa Training Institute
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Training Dates: 1st May 2019- 31st July 2019
Capacity Africa is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Conflict Management Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month
Wherever different personalities meet in everyday professional life, different views and interpretations are on the agenda. This often leads to open or hidden conflicts. It is crucial not to fear conflicts or consider them as disturbing, but much more as a chance for better and more creative problem-solving! Because the problem is not the conflict itself, but the handling of the conflict situation!
In order to use this potential optimally, it is necessary to have a mastery of tools with which one’s own logic and ways of thinking become visible to others, and help them to decode the individual interests behind them. One’s own attitude and approach to the logic of others determines the guises and escalation steps of conflicts. These decisive aspects are therefore focussed on in our conflict management seminars.
- Define conflict.
- Identify assumptions of conflict.
- Recognize the five styles of conflict resolution and the benefits and pitfalls of each style.
- Demonstrate the important role Communication plays in conflict prevention and management
- Understand the principles of negotiation, mediation, and advocacy
- Select and apply negotiation, mediation, and advocacy skills in a variety of social work contexts,
- Discuss the effect that power has on conflict resolution.
- Implement a strategy for continuous conflict management.