CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The Constituent Accountability Specialist will provide expert advice and support to the CIVICUS secretariat and member networks to improve their primary constituency accountability (PCA) within the context of the Resilient Roots project grant. Specific tasks will include developing a research and capacity strengthening agenda that “makes the case” for PCA and engaging key stakeholders to enhance PCA capabilities. The role will work across the organisation and specific CIVICUS communities, capturing and sharing learnings that support the development of PCA in the sector writ large.
- Post-graduate/ higher degree (Honours/ Masters’) in International Relations, Learning and Development Studies or related equivalent. Specialist qualifications in subjects such as International Development are preferable.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in network setting, supporting capacity development, network engagement and/or governance and accountability
- Practical experience in constituent accountability programming
- Proven experience in project coordination in multi-cultural environments
Please clickherefor a full Job Description
How to apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on Tuesday the 31st of March 2020. Interested candidates should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should comprise of
- A 2-page CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of the 13th April 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.