|Overview :Construction of Lulu Works Cottage Industry, Wullu Western Lakes State, South Sudan|
ITB No.: Q-075-19
Project: Peace & Community Cohesion (PaCC)
Country: South Sudan
Issued on: 6 August 2019
SCOPE OF WORK
Project Title:Peace andCommunity Cohesion Project (PaCC)
Activity: Construction of Cottage Industry, Wullu, South Sudan
Expected completion duration: 180 calendar days
The project for Construction of Cottage Industry, in Wullu consists of the following works;
- Construction of Roasting & milling shed building– This building comprises of a roasting fire place and a milling area, the substructure is well burnt brick with reinforced concrete beams while the superstructure frame is steel infilled/enclosed with half brick masonry wall at the lower part and open at the upper section, the roof is of steel sheets with a specialized heat barrier membrane instead of ceiling on a steel roof structure. The are no doors and windows, electrical wiring including installation of control panel, switches & sockets. Works include finishes such as plastering internal wall surfaces and pointing external walls, painting the internal walls, polished terracotta floor tiles, steel structures and windows. The overall size of approx. 95 m2 in floor area.
- Construction of Office building– This proposed building comprises; main substructure is well burnt brick plinth with reinforced concrete beams while the superstructure is enclosed with storey height brick masonry walls, the roof is of steel sheets with a specialized heat barrier membrane instead of ceiling creating a large headroom for better heat reduction on a steel roof structure. The doors are steel and timber, all electrical wiring including installation of control panel, switches & sockets. Works include finishes such as plastering internal wall surfaces and pointing external walls, painting the internal walls, terracotta floor tiles and glazed steel casement windows.
The overall size of the building is 7.6×4.6m (approx. 35 m2) in floor area inclusive of a 6m2 of verandah.
- Construction of Pit latrine– two stances, one for gents & a urinal and for women, burnt brick lined pit, masonry brick supertructure walls and screen wall to the front, steel sheet roofing on steel roof structure, ventilation fittings, plastering and rendering to the walls, painting walls, installation of steel doors and grilled vents.
- Solar lighting System Installation– Provision is made to supply and install solar as the power source for lighting of the buildings and 4 light posts compound security generally.
- Construction of Mesh Perimeter Fencing– Chain link mesh on Angle steel section support posts with tension wire stiffeners, with concrete lining at the base, steel grilled gate with inserted pedestrian door supported with concrete columns. The top is finished with barbed wire strands in three lines and non-electric razor wire 450mm diameter. The length of fence is approximately 200m spanning the land boundary/perimeter.
- Solar powered water system –Drilling of a water well and installation of a solar system powered pump to feed an overhead storage water tank for use in the center. A 3 tap water point is constructed to distribute for use.