Organization:UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
The Division of Communication (DOC) is responsible for helping to shape UNICEF’s external image among global stakeholders. It plays a key role in communicating UNICEF’s stance on policy issues, ensuring that the rights of children and women remain a development priority. The Division is responsible for developing global advocacy, brand and communication strategies, policies and guidance for the organization and for UNICEF’s global reputation and brand management. The Brand Building Section (BBS) ensures that UNICEF’s brand reflects organizational credibility and integrity to inspire public support for equitable results for children and to unite the organization in a clear and compelling vision to realize children’s rights.These Terms of Reference describe the role of a Communications Consultant for the Brand Building Section.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Head of Special Projects, the consultant will support the Section in the development, coordination and production of Brand Building-related activations and specific High-Level events, as the Event Coordinator.
- Assist with the production, coordination and logistics of Brand Building-related activations and high-level events.
- Provide administrative support to the daily operations of the team, including research, drafting correspondence and organizing meetings and liaising with rostered event production companies, UNICEF teams and, on occasion, the United Nations Special Events Unit, to ensure schedules are met.
- Lead on key event admin support including invitations management and seating plans, room bookings and coordination with internal UNICEF and UN sections related to facilities management.
- Assist with event management, including contracting and liaising with rostered events companies, budget management, running pre-production & coordination meetings, day-of-event coordination and overseeing day-of volunteers.
- Support the Brand Building Section in the development of public-facing activations, campaigns and initiatives.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University degree in Communications, Branding, Public Relations, or related field
- At least three years of work experience in a professional capacity in event management and production, communications or marketing
- Experience working in the United Nations system, development sector, government or NGO a plus
- Effective writing skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Evidence of high levels of quality and productivity, especially pertaining to events management
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Communication [II]
- Working with People [II]
- Drive for Results [II]Functional Competencies:
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
- Relating and Networking [I]
- Persuading and Influencing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Entrepreneurial Thinking [I]View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=517046