Terms of Reference: Facilitating Project Management for Development professionals (PMD Pro 1) Training
The purpose of this consultancy is to facilitate Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD Pro 1) training for Malteser International.
Duration of consultancy
The work detailed in this terms of reference to be completed between 15th and 20th October, 2018 for the course delivery and a report thereafter within 5 days after completion of training.
Scope of Training
· Projects and the project life cycle
· Why projects fail
· Project identification and design
· Project initiation
· Project planning
· GANTT charts
· Project implementation
· RACI and HR plans
· Project monitoring, evaluation and control
· End of project transition
- Explain the major roles and responsibilities in project management throughout the project life cycle
- Explain the relationships between the phases and deliverables of the project life cycle.
- Explain the major sector-specific contextual factors that are unique to the work of project teams in the international development sector.
- Select and use tools to improve management of projects
- Pre-test assessment of the participants
- Post-test of the participants
- Certification of participants who successfully attended the training
· Delivery of the training and a detailed report thereof
· Supervision of the post-training examination and certification of participants
· 1-page brochure with main best practices, challenges and lessons learnt in project management
· Development of an action plan for after-training follow up
What Malteser International will be responsible for
- Transport to and from the venue
- Venue arrangement
- Meals and accommodation for the consultant (s)
- Provision of the training materials
What the trainer(s) will be responsible for
· Conducting the training in accordance to the PMD Pro manual
· Administrative and curriculum support
- Be based on principles of adult and participatory learning
- Include sufficient opportunities for participants to engage with the materials and concepts being presented such that all sessions will involve a significant proportion of the time with participants engaged in activity
- Include power point presentations if necessary but that these should be limited in time and length so that the balance of a session is more in favour of activity rather than presentation
- Reflect respect for individual’s beliefs and culture and will lead to an inclusive and supportive learning environment
Clarification of Terms
· Certificate to participants issued upon satisfactory completion of the training and post-training examination
Interested parties must submit their applications by email, referenced under title ‘Consultancy for Partners Capacity Building in Nanyuki’ to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission: 03rd October at 17:00 (GMT+3).
Malteser International will consider applications from individual consultants only, who will be the sole responsible to deliver the outputs of the assignment.
Applications should include:
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae,
- One supporting document of max 3 pages outlining core competencies in line with the assignment, the proposed methodology of work including timeframe and location and the financial expectations.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to provide references, evidence of past experience, and additional administrative documents.
The final selection of applicants, or cancellation of the assignment, is at the sole discretion of Malteser International.
PS: WE DO NOT CHARGE APPLICANTS ANY FEE AT ANY POINT OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.