UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED:
The tasks the incumbent will carry out to achieve the above objective are:
- Assist the Minister in all COVID 19- policy responses on contributory social protection associated duties and aspects of work related to coordination and supervision of administrative, technical and communication activities necessary for successful program planning and implementation. This includes organizing and coordinating activities between parties involved, cooperating closely with all relevant officials in designing and implementing program activities to accomplish maximum benefit and positive impact, ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Support the Minister in planning, implementing, evaluating and applying improvement requirements in all program activities carried out by program team, partner agencies, outsourced taskforce consultants and firms working under multiple program sectors.
- Make sure necessary capacity building is provided to employees and government staff and that required hiring of additional individual or firm team members is handled where necessary.
- Lead individual as well as firm consultant teams working in monitoring, evaluation, field research, information systems and information technology and provide instant support under any other of ad hoc nature.
The Consultant will be seconded to MoSS and will report to the Minister. The Consultant will collaborate closely with MOSS staff, NOSI staff, the UNICEF advisors, and other development partners.
The Consultancy’s work will report monthly to UNICEF.
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
Estimated Duration to Complete
Target Due Dates (Months from the start)
Support the MOSS Minister and task force set within the Ministry to coordinate the COVID-19 emergency response.
Monthly payments based on monthly reports validated by MOSS
Coordinate on development of a strategy between key stakeholders, including MOSS, NOSI, Ministry of Manpower, and Prime Minister’s office.
Advise on emergency management activities, develop analysis and provide short analytical notes as may be required, identifying the challenges in data collection and in providing benefits and compensation as relates to COVID-19 Crisis
Advise on community engagement with assessment of community perceptions and behaviors and effectiveness of messaging;
Advise on identification of risk groups (in terms of health and economic impact) and strategies to respond to their needs
Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency preparedness plans, including documents produced by development partners summarizing international experience.
Support and coordinate the cooperation between MoSS and the international organizations
Support NOSI management in development of solutions consistent with the long term reform objectives and plans, such as extending the social insurance coverage.
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
Master’s degree in economics, statistics, or international affairs and development, or other relevant social sciences. PhD highly desirable.
At least 10 years of relevant experience on social protection, poverty reduction, welfare with a focus on noncontributory schemes. Proven experience in working with Governments essential
Familiarity with UN/International Organizations work highly desirable.
- Language Requirements:
English and Arabic proficiency.
- Conditions of Work:
The Assignment will be off premises (Out of UNICEF ECO premises). The incumbent should carry out the identified tasks in direct collaboration with UNICEF Country Office and with the Government of Egypt. The assignment will not require continuous presence in the UNICEF Country Office Premises but will entail continuous contact with the direct supervisors and the SPME team.
- Competency needed in this post:
- Builds and maintains Partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness;
- Drive to achieve results for impact;
- Innovates and embraces change;
- Manages ambiguity and complexity;
- Thinks and acts strategically;
- Works collaboratively with others;
- Nurtures, leads and manages people.
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
-Fee for services to be provided based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to apply
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=531426