French/English-speaking Gender Specialist required to conduct gender analysis of social norms related to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) in Madagascar (subject to final donor approval)
Background to the assignment
CARE is a partner working on a consortium led by Marie Stopes International on an expected new multi-country programme across Niger, Uganda and Madagascar: “Building resilience and gender equality of the most marginalized communities through multi-sector approaches to delivering quality sexual and reproductive health and rights.”
Following a year-long co-creation phase with consortium partners, an inception workshop is planned for April 2020 (date tbc) in Antananarivo, subject to final donor approval.
To inform key programme design decisions, CIUK will conduct a gender analysis to understand the gendered dynamics around sexual and reproductive health, including gender norms and social barriers to SRH access. Dependent on timings, if possible, initial findings of this gender analysis will be shared at the inception workshop.
Assignment purpose and deliverables
The consultant will be expected to:
- Conduct a gender and SRH analysis through fieldwork in Madagascar working with local enumerators and the CIUK Senior Humanitarian Advisor.
- Produce an in-depth Gender Analysis report in English with recommendations relevant for the CARE/MSI consortium programme (approx. 25-35 pages)
- Summarise key learnings and recommendations for the inception workshop (if timings allow)
Deliverables should include:
- Copies of typed up, translated, anonymised FGD, KII and other fieldwork notes in English
- Gender Analysis report (approx. 25-35 pages) incorporating findings from the literature review and fieldwork data including recommendations for the consortium programme written up and submitted to CIUK in English, following CARE templates
- A summary presentation of key points and recommendations for the inception meeting in French.
Tenders should include the following:
- A short coverletter(no more than one A4 side) outlining relevant experience and skills in gender analysis and, preferably SRH. Candidates should note their level of French and English (Intermediate, Advanced or Fluent) for: a) writing, b) speaking, c) listening.
- Daily rate in £GBP and any other chargeable costs
- Name and contact details for at least two referees.
- Approximate availability over next 4 months
Tenders should be submitted by midnight on 26 February 2020.
Due to the potential high level of applications, we thank candidates for their applications and regret that we’ll only be able to respond to those who will be invited to interview. We aim to contact interviewees in the first week of March.
How to apply
To apply click here