REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) –INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FORCONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR EXPANSION OF A DIGITAL HUB AND APP
The IGAD Centre of Excellence for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (ICEPCVE) was set up as a regional platform for training, collaboration, knowledge sharing and research on issues regarding preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE). ICEPCVE is IGAD’s main coordinating organ for national focal points and structures of IGAD Member States with the mandate to implement P/CVE programmes. ICEPCVE facilitates partnerships between governments, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations (CSO) and sub-national actors through its civil society network, the CSO Hub. The CSO Hub is a network of CSOs engaged in P/CVE in the Horn and Eastern Africa region. Its objectives are to:
- Support and deepen regional CSO networks and strengthen their programme capacity.
- Facilitate a representative voice for CSOs to engage with governments on the development of P/CVE policies and programmes.
The formulation of the CSO Hub was informed by a series of consultations and workshops with CSOs that were facilitated at the regional and national level by ICEPCVE in collaboration with local CSO partners. The CSO Hub has at least 153 organizations.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
ICEPCVE is seeking a company to expand this Digital Hub. The Digital Hub is at the core of the digital workplace for CSOs and researchers. It integrates with other applications and centralizes important knowledge assets across the various networks in the IGAD Member States. The Digital Hub fosters innovation by incorporating knowledge management into the P/CVE practice in order to share information more efficiently.
The CSO network is enrolled on the Digital Hub. The additional functions of the Digital Hub include:
- A common set of functions that supports
- Team collaboration across the IGAD Member States
- Issue tracking of topics under discussion
- Multimedia messaging
- Message notes
- Sharing of growing knowledge assets (research findings, publications, events, videos, calendars, photos, documents in formats such as PDF, Excel, Word)
It should also:
- Provide deeper analytical insights and metrics for monitoring and evaluation
- Be easily accessible even in areas with low speed internet connectivity
- Be intuitively reorganized and easy to use, and have an updated look-and-feel
- Built for integration with additional applications
- Expandable to accommodate the growth of increasing number of CSO networks and of knowledge assets
Additionally, the Digital Hub will improve on:
- Categories of identified CSOs, youth organizations and researchers in terms of their expertise and experience
- A comprehensive directory that includes detailed information such as, but not limited to, physical address, contact person, telephone numbers, social media accounts, staff capacity, city of registration and operation base, capacity gaps, areas of operation.
The consultancy will also require the development of a mobile app to access the improved Digital Hub. The mobile app will support wider adoption of the digital hub and provide easier accessibility to users.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Education: University degree (Masters) in fields related to IT, Computer Science, Innovation Management or equivalent.
- Work Experience:At least 3 years’ professional experience and a proven track record in development of integrated online portals.
- Deep understanding of technology innovations (e.g. mobile apps, database management, system integration)
- Able to generate new and original solutions for problem-solving
- Demonstrable project management skills
- At least 3 years’ experience working with new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Experience with an international organization is an asset.
Languages:The candidate for this assignment needs to be fluent in English and have excellent drafting skills. French will be an added value.
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Individual Consultants with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Please ensure to submit at least three links of relevant/similar projects with your applications.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance IGAD procurement Manual revised January 2017.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants must submit their expression of interest (updated CV and non-returnable educational and work experience credentials with a cover letter) and please include two links to similar digital hubs successfully developed and commissioned to the address below in person, by emailno later than:2.00 pm local time on 30thApril 2020.The subject of the email should read “Expansion of the digital hub and app”.Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
Copy to: email@example.com
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Women applicants are encouraged.