In the IGAD region and everywhere globally, women are significant contributors to households’ social and economic survival and well-being. Although women are the majority producers of the food we feed on (approximately 80% of agricultural producers), patriarchal norms have bestowed power over land to men. Women have a subordinate position. This position prevents them from enjoying their land rights and participating in land reforms, particularly at a decision-making level. Besides, several other barriers hinder the full realization of women’s land, including; insufficient understanding of the legal plurality governing women’s land rights and inappropriate mechanisms for implementing legislation.; limited awareness of women’s rights exclusion or underrepresentation of women in land-related institutions, inadequate access to justice for women due to inefficient land dispute resolution mechanisms, etc.
IGAD is in the process of organizing a Regional Women’s Land Rights conference to tackle some of the challenges highlighted.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is a Regional Economic Community of the Africa Union. IGAD’s activities consist mainly of policy support, information and knowledge sharing, capacity development and research, and science and technology. The conference will provide a platform to deliberate on gender justice concerns in the Land sector and build consensus on requisite national level actions for better protection and advancement of women’s rights to land, which will result in an equitable and transformative change in the land sector. The conference will also create a safe space for women of different social, economic, and religious beliefs and backgrounds to dialogue with State and non-state land actors and find amicable solutions. Over 500 participants across the globe will attend the conference.
The conference’s primary goal is: To deepen multi-stakeholder collaboration and agency for the protection and promotion of women’s rights to land through learning, experience sharing, and collective action across the IGAD Region.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONFERENCE:
- To establish and strengthen the multi-stakeholder platform on gender and land grounded in the experiences and realities in each country of the IGAD Region;
- To strengthen coordination and build partnerships, networks between grassroots women and land actors at local, national, and regional levels;
- To harness women’s collective voice and participation in defining the regional women’s land rights discourse.
Scope of the assignment
To achieve the desired objectives, the IGAD seeking a consulting company/ firm can provide an online event management platform to enable the IGAD Land Governance program to organize the intended conference in a secure, user-friendly, and interactive virtual environment.
The followings are the main deliverables:
- Supply and install an online event management application that can organize the intended Regional Women’s Land Right in conference, user-friendly and interactive virtual environment.
- Provide pre and post technical maintenance and technical support
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Firm must have a least three (5) years of Digital Communications experience and two (2) years of specialized experience equivalent to at least the ES-5 level
- Proposed personnel for the assignment must have at least degree in Public relations, Journalism or digital communications
- Experience running the technical aspects of virtual events using online platforms like Zoom, Skype, and WebEx
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms,
- Experience drafting and sending online communications
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, including the proven ability to write, edit and produce communications for different target audiences and all types of media.
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Consultant Firms with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance IGAD procurement regulations.
TENURE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The intended conference is set to take place on 29th March – 31st March. Therefore, the consultant firm is expected to do the necessary customization and make it ready based on the needed requirements at least two weeks before the conference.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from Sunday to Thursday 7:30am to 2:30pm local time, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.