DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
MINISTRY OF HYDRAULIC AND ELECTRICAL RESOURCES
PROJECT COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT UNIT (UCM)
NOTICE OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
N ° Notice: AMI n ° 024 / MINRHE / UCM / EASE / 2020 / SC
Country: Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Funding source: EASE –IDA DON N ° 177ZR & CREDIT 6018-ZR
Project Name: Access and Improvement of Electricity Services Project “EASE”
Consulting services: Recruitment of a Consultant (firm) responsible for the control and verification of the activities of mini-grid operators and individual solar system distributors within the framework of the implementation of the Project electrification fund. ” Access and Improvement of Electrical Services
Publication date: November 25, 2020
The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has obtained from the International Development Association (IDA) funds to finance the increase in access to electricity and the improvement of energy services through a project called Projet of Access and Improvement of Electrical Services “EASE” and proposes to use part of this financing to make payments authorized under this contract relating to the services of Consultant (firm) responsible for the control and verification of activities of mini-grid operators and distributors of individual solar systems within the framework of the implementation of the electrification fund of the Access and Improvement of Electricity Services Project .
The objective of the mission is to:
1. For mini-grids and individual solar systems in general:
- Check in order to certify that the payment requests issued by the companies selected within the framework of the grants conform to reality and that they meet all the requirements set out in the two Operations Manuals relating to the allocation of grants by the Electrification Fund and in the grant agreements concluded with UCM.
- Inspect in order to document the activities carried out by companies in terms of environmental and social safeguards, in accordance with the requirements of national legislation and the World Bank, as provided for in the Operations Manuals and in the grant agreements.
- Formulate proposals to improve the efficiency of the electrification fund on the basis of the comments collected from the final beneficiaries.
2. For mini-grids in particular:
- Check the compliance of the deployment work of the MV, LV and public lighting distribution networks as well as the connections of households and SMEs with the requirements of the investment grant agreement signed with each of the mini-network companies.
- Periodically check the continuity of service.
3. For individual solar systems in particular:
- Check the effectiveness of sales and installations of solar lamps and kits by companies
- Periodically check the continuity of activity / proper functioning of the products sold (including “PAYGO”) and the provision of an appropriate after-sales service.
The Project Coordination and Management Unit of the Ministry of Water Resources and Electricity (UCM) invites eligible applicants to express their interest in providing the services described above.
Interested Consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience for the performance of the Services. The criteria for the establishment of the shortlist of candidate consultants and the selection of the candidate are as follows:
I.1 GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Have proven experience in the control and supervision of the installation of electricity distribution networks. The references taken into account are those of the last 10 years, i.e. from 2010 to 2020.
I.2 SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
I.2.1 Have carried out at least two (2) missions involving the verification of transactions similar to those required in this mission, over the past ten (10) years, i.e. from 2010 to 2020.
I.2.2 Proven experience of missions requiring the simultaneous deployment of personnel in several rural areas
I.2.3 Confirmed experience in projects under donor funding
The references taken into account are those of the last five years, i.e. from 2015 to 2020.
I.3 Staff availability
Availability of key personnel, including the following profiles:
1.3.1 Team leader
1.3.2 Network checker
1.3.3 First Provincial Auditor
1.3.4 Second Provincial Auditor
1.3.5 Environmental expert
I.4 Knowledge of the region
I.4.1 Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa. The references taken into account are those of the last 5 years, i.e. from 2015 to 2020
I.4.2 Experience in rural areas of DR Congo. The references taken into account are those of the last 10 years, i.e. from 2010 to 2020.
The consultant is responsible for the composition of his team of which he will optimize the number of interventions. He will secure, at his own expense, the services of a call center for verifications by telephone.
It is brought to the attention of Consultants that the provisions of paragraph 1.9 of the Guidelines: “Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers for IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants, Edition January 2011, version revised in July 2014 ”, relating to the World Bank rules on conflict of interest are applicable.
Consultants can join forces with other firms to strengthen their respective qualifications and skills in the form of a united and joint group.
A consultant will be selected by the method based on “Consultants’ Qualifications” in accordance with World Bank procedures defined in the Guidelines: “Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and AID Credits and Donations, January 2011 edition, revised July 2014 version ”.
Interested consultants can obtain additional information about the terms of reference at the address below, every working day from Monday to Friday at the following times: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (local time = UTC + 1).
Expressions of interest written in French must reach the address below by post or e-mail no later than Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. (local time = UTC + 1) and clearly bear the words: ” AMI n ° 024 / MINRHE / UCM / EASE / 2020 / SC – Recruitment of a Consultant (firm) in charge of the control and verification of the activities of mini-grid operators and individual solar system distributors within the framework of the implementation of the electrification fund for the Access and Improvement of Electrical Services Project ”.
Project Coordination and Management Unit
of the Ministry of Hydraulic Resources and Electricity (UCM)
1022, Avenue des Forces Armées de la RDC
(ex-Avenue du Haut Commandement)
Gombe River Concession – Zimbali
2nd floor of the building for administrative use
Democratic Republic of Congo
Phone. : (+243) 84 782 4066; (+243) 81 868 5536
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com