The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
IRI is conducting a program providing election support to civil society stakeholders in Georgia. One component of this program is to gather public opinion research, which will be used by these stakeholders to measure their communication efforts, message effectiveness for election campaign and get feedback about various important political topics discussed during the focus groups.
IRI is seeking a professional public opinion research organization to carry out a series of focus group discussions in the whole country, to assess in greater detail attitudes towards Georgia’s democratic system.
OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
IRI seeks to understand constituent opinion and developing electoral reform policies which effectively respond to citizen needs and priorities.
IRI’S INFORMATIONAL NEEDS
IRI needs to:
- Understand how the general public viewed the election and election process.
- What are their potential recommendations for improving the process in future elections among citizens of voting age? Among this group (18-65 years old), how do participants view the political and election process and avenues for reform.
The questions above are best addressed by a focus group study. Twenty-Four groups total covering 10 regions (one opposition, one ruling party, one 18-35, and one 36-65) each lasting approximately 90-120 minutes and attended by 8-10 participants (if in person) or 5 7 participants (if virtual), should take place in 10 Regions of Georgia and Tbilisi, including Kakheti, Kvemo-Kartli, Mtskheta-Mtianeti, Shida-Kartli, Samtskhe-Javakheti, Imereti, Samegrelo, Racha/Svaneti, Guria and Adjara.
- Competitive Scope
Proposals should address the following points:
- List qualitative projects you conducted with similar specifications in this market
- Name and explain the role of subcontractors (if any)
- State if you are to comply with all requirements listed on this SOW without alterations within the timeframe and regions. If any proposed alterations, explain.
- Describe recruitment plan
- Describe fieldwork quality assurance measures (if any)
- Describe analysis plan
- Provide proposed moderator(s) CV/Resume
- Describe anticipated challenges if any
- Explain the potential impact of the Coronavirus on your firm’s operations, employees, research participants, and how you plan to mitigate risks
- Bids must be submitted via email to Vladimer Razmadze and John DiPirro, at email@example.com with the subject line “EURASIA2021G01o RFP” by February 8, 2021.
- To help us with our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.