The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
The Institute will conduct survey research in five countries (El Salvador, Argentina, Guyana, Haiti and Panama) on citizen opinions and knowledge of foreign influence in their respective countries and the LAC region.
Period of Performance
From date of Signature to September 30, 2021
Statement of Work
OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
Public opinion data shall be obtained through a survey of Argentina that is designed to obtain the most accurate possible information about citizen awareness of and opinions on foreign influence on their country. It is IRI’s preference that data collection for this survey is conducted through face-to-face interviews (PAPI/CAPI). Should this be impossible or inadvisable, IRI will accept proposals for phone interviews (CATI.) (11)
Proposals must contain:
- List surveys with similar specifications previously conducted in this country
- Explain if planning on using subcontractors for any tasks
- Is bidder able to comply with all requirements listed on the SOW without alterations?
- If any proposed alterations, explain.
- Coverage, if not 100% of non-institutionalized adults aged 18+:
- Describe sampling methodology, including design and the source the sampling frame is drawn from, household selection, respondent selection, number of call-backs
- Anticipated response rate
- List interview method (F2F Paper and Pencil, CAPI)
- Describe Interviewer Training (duration, topics etc.)
- Describe fieldwork quality control (direct observation, personal backchecks, phone backchecks etc.)
- Describe data entry and data checks protocol (e.g. checks for duplicate entries, logic checks etc.)
- Explain any risks associated with the Coronavirus situation to your company’s operations, employees, and respondents, and how you intend to mitigate such risks
- Describe anticipated challenges if any
All proposals submitted to IRI must include:
1. Information addressing Bidder’s experience in providing each of the services identified in the above Statement of Work and Bidder’s proposed specific approach for providing those services to IRI under this contract, including sufficient information to determine a clear definition of services as it relates to other providers that may be involved.
2. The name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers of the Bidder (and electronic address if available). If the Bidder is a firm, name(s) should be provided for individuals authorized to conduct business on behalf of the firm.
3. Bidders may provide a list of up to three references for work performed of a similar nature during the last three years, along with contact details. IRI may contact the references to evaluate past performance.
4. If the Bidder is a U.S. organization/resident, or a foreign organization/resident which has income effectively connected with the conduct of activities in the U.S. or has an office or a place of business or a fiscal paying agent in the U.S., the information submitted must contain Bidder’s Taxpayer Identification Number.
5. Bidder must have:
- Ability to perform all tasks and services outlines in the Statement of Work • Able to conduct face-to-face interviews (CAPI/PAPI) in Argentina
- Able to conduct computer assisted telephone interviews (CATI) in Argentina • Prior experience polling in Argentina
6. Proposals will not exceed 5 pages (not including cover page and pricing table) on official letterhead in Times New Roman 11-point font containing a brief organizational description, budget for services and any descriptions of specialized products or services relevant to the bid. Pricing tables must be submitted as Microsoft Excel files.
Bids must be submitted via email to Alex Robson, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “LAC2020Regional10o” by the Feburary 19, 2021