Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
1 – Background of Consultancy
Action Against Hunger USA (AAH-USA) is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and conducive working space for all our staff. At the same time, as a relief and development actor we place human dignity at the center of our work and it is our obligation to prevent and respond to sexual exploitation and abuse to ensure that communities and vulnerable populations we serve receive the assistance they need.
In light of this, AAH-USA seeks to engage an expert on a consultancy basis to Provide training and perform investigation when the need arises on Prevention and Response to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) to both our Country Offices and Headquarters
2 – Objectives of Consultancy
- To perform investigation and provide training, based on new developments and best practices in the field of PSEA.
3 – Deliverables
- Deliver full trainings on PSEA to headquarters and country office staff
- Prepare and submit reports after trainings, with clear action plans
- Carry out detailed investigations, submit reports with action plans and clear recommendations
4 – Proposed Timeline and Location of Assignment
The consultancy will consist of a maximum of 5 days in total for trainings on PSEA. For investigations, the consultancy should take a minimum of 20 days. The 20 days include preparation, implementation, debrief and submission of the key findings to the respective stakeholders.
This consultancy will require field visits to Action Against Hunger USA country offices (Cambodia, Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda) and headquarter offices (New York and Nairobi).
5 – Profile of Consultant
- Strong commitment to quality, accountability and good people management
- Professional, mature and reflective approach
- At least five years of relevant experience in humanitarian or development work
- A university degree or equivalent qualification
- Sound understanding of the subject matter ( PSEA)
- Facilitation skills and proven experience in either training or Conducting Investigations
Action Against Hunger US invites potential candidates to send their submission package, which should include:
- CV, detailing qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in similar assignments undertaken
- Financial Proposal
Interested consultants should submit both technical and financial proposals to the following email address: email@example.com as per below instructions:
Subject of the email should read – Consultancy – Training and Investigation on PSEA. Deadline for submission: 28th September, 2018