Chemonics seeks a consultant for a three month contract in charge of mapping regional organizations, networks, and supply chain service providers in Francophone West Africa. The Global Health Supply Chain-Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA), Francophone Task Order (TO) project aims to strengthen the in-country health supply chain systems in Francophone Africa. It also aims to build capacity and promote collaboration in the health supply chain within the broader West African region. The project recognizes the role that regional networks, initiatives, and private sector organizations (including those of the non-profit sector) can play in bringing financial and technical expertise together to complement government resources to address prevalent supply chain challenges within the region.
However, information about these regional networks, private sector organizations, and the role each can play in supporting national supply chain operations is not readily available and disseminated. The consultant will address this gap of information by developing an inventory of key West Africa organizations as well as a catalog of private sector supply chain service providers. This position does not require relocation and will not require mandatory travel. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Inventory creation:
- Identify key West African regional organizations, networks, and initiatives (e.g., West Africa Health Organization, Ouagadougou partnership,Union Economique et Monétaire Ouest Africaine, and the World Health Organization Africa bureau)
- Work with project technical director and USAID to identify data elements to incorporate in the inventory; collect all information deemed necessary for each organization
- Develop an inventory of key West Africa organizations, incorporating data elements and in a format to be agreed upon
- Catalog creation:
- Collect data systematically (e.g., using desk/literature reviews and virtual interviews) to identify regional and in-country organizations that provide supply chain services within the region; services would include supply chain operations (e.g., storage and transportation), technical assistance services (e.g., supply chain technology services), or capacity building services (e.g., supply chain training)
- Demarcate specific technical areas (transportation/distribution, information technology/logistics management information system, etc.) for each of the identified supply chain service organizations
- Screen identified organizations to capture information on competencies, capabilities, and credibility, area(s) of their work (e.g., forecasting and procurement), and examples of previous work, location, language of work, name of the point of contact, etc.
- Produce a catalog for identified credible organizations; the catalog will capture data elements and have a design and format to be agreed upon
Deliverables will include the following:
- An inception plan including planned timeline, methodology/approach, planned stakeholders to be consulted, and data collection and analysis tools
- Presentation of a draft report, including any data collected for the inventory and catalog for review and feedback
- Compiled inventory of West African organizations with detailed description
- Compiled catalog of West African supply chain service organizations with detailed description
All presentations and deliverables are to be submitted in English, in an electronic format, and in accordance with agreed-upon deadlines. The consultant is responsible for the editing and quality control of all deliverables. Chemonics International retains the sole rights with respect to all distribution, dissemination, and publication of the deliverables.
Interested candidates must submit a proposal to apply for this position. The proposal should include:
- A technical offer comprising:
- A brief outline of the overall approach and proposed methodology and tools to produce the identified deliverables
- A chronogram showing details for the realization of the mapping and the situational assessment; the schedule proposed should include time for briefing and debriefing with GHSC-TA Francophone TO field offices and the home office
- One sample report highlighting experience relevant to this position
- A profile of the proposed evaluation team, including key roles and responsibilities
- Curriculum vitae, no more than four pages in length, highlighting work experience and qualifications relevant to this position
- Full contact details of at least two references from among recent clients/line managers
- A financial offer, with breakdowns by key deliverables and estimated number of days
How to apply
Please submit your proposal online athttps://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/mapping_consultant. Deadline for submissions is 5pm GMT, April 3, 2020. Applications will be assessed on the quality of the proposal, ability to meet requirements above, and overall budget. Chemonics International reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest or the highest bidder.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at:https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.