Organization: Project Concern International
Closing date: 19 Oct 2018
PCI is preparing for a rapid assessment in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The purpose of the assessment is to evaluate the need and feasibility for potential interventions with host communities, with a focus on preparedness and multi-sectoral response using a Neighborhood Approach. Given the elevated levels of vulnerability in the area, as well as the recent influx of refugees, the likelihood that the situation will worsen is high. PCI hopes to use this assessment to seek funding for multi-sector interventions.
PCI is seeking a consultant to oversee a needs assessment and help PCI gain an understanding of the context and operating environment.
Consultants Scope of Work
- Working with partners in Cox’s Bazar, use PCI’s assessment tool for data collection, ensuring the planned methodology is used and best practice in data collection is followed
- Working closely with PCI’s technical teams, provide basic data analysis of assessment findings
- During assessment, work closely with PCI’s technical teams to respond to context on the ground and modify assessment methodology as needed
- Negotiation with government officials in Cox’s Bazar on permission to access relevant areas for assessment and gather additional access information relevant to future program implementation
- Engage with the humanitarian coordination system and with other NGOs, particularly local NGOs, to identify gaps in existing programming and opportunities for PCI
- Work with PCI’s International Office proposal preparation team, providing support during program design based on assessment findings
Expected Timeframe for the Assignment:
It is anticipated that the assignment will last approximately four to six weeks. A majority of the time spent on the assignment will take place in Cox’s Bazar conducting the assessment and approximately one to two weeks working remotely from the consultant’s place of residence.
- Graduate degree in relevant area or bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years in program management or technical support in emergency contexts, experience in the areas of Shelter and Settlements, DRR or multi-sector programming preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing assessments and program design.
- Demonstrated experience with USG funding, particularly OFDA.
- Familiarity with humanitarian coordination mechanisms and experience representing an organization with a broad array of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success at engagement and representation with partnership with local organizations and government representatives
- Can-do attitude, with a willingness to take on a broad array of tasks in order to achieve project goals
- Fluency in English required
- Creative problem solver with a sense of humor
To be considered for this consultancy, we request the following information be submitted on/before 5:00 pm EST on October 19, 2018 to Jenna Clifford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your CV, cover letter, three references, and a completed Biodata form. Job Location Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh Position Type Full-Time/Regular
To be considered for this consultancy, we request the following information be submitted on/before 5:00 pm EST on October 19, 2018 to Jenna Clifford at email@example.com. Please submit your CV, cover letter, three references, and a completed Biodata form.