Post Title: Consultant/ Logistic Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Syria, Azaz
Duration: Three months
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Applicationclosing Date: 10/10/2018
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator/ Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer provides efficient and effective logistics support to the projects assigned to him/her:
· Inventory Control of Supplies
· Transporting and Distributing Supplies
· Maintaining all logistic records
Responsibilities of the Logistics Officer:
· Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator/ Logistics Manager, he/she manages, and processes supplies requests for the relevant project.
· Planning commodity schedules for project activities in close cooperation with relevant project staff.
· Organizing, and if necessary undertaking, local purchases ensuring adherence to established procedures.
· Ensure documentation on receipt of goods.
· Coordinate the dispatch/ distribution of goods to project areas in Syria.
· Liaising with the Suppliers for all local purchases.
· Warehouse management
· Maintain and update suppliers list.
· Implement effective control of assets, inventory and property management.
· Coordinate the transportation of goods for cross border operations.
· Coordinate with relevant authorities and prepare paperwork for cross border operations, customs procedures and tax exemptions.
The logistician may also have responsibility for some aspects of:
· Assist in coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers, cleaning staff
· Manage staff movement
In addition to the above, the Logistician may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Project Coordinator/ Logistics Manager.
·Position open to Syrian nationals
·Work Experience:1-year professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization
·Skills/knowledge:Computer competences in Microsoft Office
·Social Skills;Ability to network and work in a team.
·LanguageSkills:English and Arabic required (written & spoken)
· Experience working in unsecure and remote locations and reporting to remotely located management
The Logistic Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties to the following email address:email@example.com later than on 10/10/2018.
Subject line should read:Job Application – Consultant Logistic Officer (SYR1065)
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.