British Red Cross (BRC) is seeking a consultant(s) to undertake an independent evaluation of the Vulnerability to Resilience (V2R) Kurigram Project, implemented by the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), in Kurigram, Bangladesh. The purpose will be to assess the extent to which the programme met its intended outcomes and to identify and assess unintended outcomes; to assess the role of BRC in the programme’s implementation and to identify lessons and recommendations to inform future programming. The evaluation will cover the duration of the project from April 2015 – December 2018.
The consultant(s) will lead on the development of the evaluation framework, including proposing the detailed methodology, taking into account the impact on communities, needs of the BRC and BDRCS, and the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement. It is expected that the methodology will include a detailed literature review and primary data collection.
Required deliverables will include an inception report, including proposed methodologies, data collection and reporting plans, with firm dates for deliverables; a draft evaluation report, consolidating findings from the field, analysis and preliminary conclusions; final evaluation report; a presentation.
The timeline for the evaluation is January to March 2019.
For a more comprehensive overview of what this review will entail, please see the attached Terms of Reference.
The deadlines for applicants is 17:00 UK time, on Monday 21 January 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so earlier submission are encouraged. Interested parties should submit their application material to Anella Vokes AVokes@redcross.org.uk.
Application materials should include:
- Curricula Vitae (CV) for all proposed team members
- Cover letter outlining how the consultant/s meet the person specification, confirmation of availability in the timeframe indicated, and contact details for three professional referees
- Proposal not exceeding six pages, outlining a proposed approach and methodology with time plan and budget, and an outline of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the consultancy team
- An indicative budget
- A sample of a similar piece of work previously conducted
- Contact details for three professional referees, for each member of the proposed evaluation team.
The deadlines for applicants is 17:00 UK time, on Monday 21 January 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so earlier submission are encouraged.
Interested parties should submit their application material to Anella Vokes: AVokes@redcross.org.uk.