About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 350 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
About the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level.
Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to partners and work as part of a global network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions.
As Content & Editorial Associate, you will be responsible for developing engaging and relevant content for our digital platforms with a strong focus on website content. This includes defining overall guidelines, staying on top of digital trends and making sure our content meets quality standards and is optimised for performance. You will be working closely with a small team of strategists, journalists, marketers and designers to create quality content that drives people to take action on issues of energy and climate change.
- Own the content planning process for our websites;
- Commission content from journalists and other content creators;
- Write original content for the web as needed;
- Make sure content is properly uploaded and optimized;
- Perform content audits and benchmarks;
- Edit and proofread content;
- Stay on top of trends and best practices.
Experience and competencies
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing content across digital platforms, with a strong focus on websites;
- Proven hands-on experience managing wordpress websites (managing entries, tags, taxonomies);
- Experience optimizing content for search engines;
- A good understanding of funnels and user journeys and UX;
- A good grasp of digital marketing techniques, including familiarity with paid, SEM, email, display and inbound;
- Native Spanish speaker, with a very good command of the English language (both written and spoken);
- Ability to work both in a team and independently;
- Fast learning self starter comfortable to work in a fast paced and wide ranging work environment and work across time zones, phone/video conferencing, etc.;
- The disposition to work with colleagues in a high trust global community of peers with a spirit of generosity and mutual support;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
- Experience with social media management is desirable but not required;
- Basic coding skills (HTML, CSS, php).
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, small group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- The opportunity to improve your digital skills through working with a team of experts in the field;
- A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) until December 2021, with a possible renewal subject to funding.
Flexible, preferably in Latin America.We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations. You must have the right to work in your location. We do not provide support for relocation.
As soon as possible
How to apply
How to apply
Please upload below (both in English)
- Maximum 2-page CV
- Short cover letter explaining why you would be suited to the position
Please use this link to apply: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/content__edi…
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.