The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
IRI is seeking a contract writer/editor for ghostwriting and editing assistance for high-level thought leadership content, including articles for external publication, blogs for IRI’s Democracy Speaks blog, long-form publications and marketing materials.
Period of Performance:
One year from date of signature
Statement of Work:
- The prospective bidder will be able to turn around time-sensitive thought leadership products quickly and according to tight deadlines.
- The contract writer will work with IRI experts and program staff to translate their expertise/program activities/program successes into high-level, newsworthy and accessible content. (Remote connection by phone/Skype/email is satisfactory).
- The contract writer will be available to both draft thought leadership pieces from scratch following consultation with the External Affairs team and relevant IRI experts, and/or to edit drafts sent to them by the External Affairs team.
- The contract writer will help to edit/craft Democracy Speaks blogs on IRI programming based on material provided by program teams to tell the story of IRI’s program successes.
- The contract writer will be available for potential editing work on long-form publications—i.e. editing for fluency of language, quality of argument/substance of content and copyediting.
- The contract writer will be available to develop and edit promotional materials for business development purposes, including but not limited to one-pagers handouts, content for brochures and content for IRI’s website.
All bids submitted to IRI must include:
- Information addressing your experience in providing each of the services identified in the above Statement of Work and your proposed specific approach for providing those services to IRI under this contract, including sufficient information to determine a clear definition of services as it relates to other providers that may be involved.
- The name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers of the bidder (and electronic address if available);
- Bidders shall provide contact information for a minimum of three professional references with whom the applicant has had a working relationship within the last 24-month period. IRI may contact these individuals.
- If the Bidder is a U.S. organization/resident, or a foreign organization/resident which has income effectively connected with the conduct of activities in the U.S. or has an office or a place of business or a fiscal paying agent in the U.S., the technical bids must contain Bidder’s Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Bids will not exceed 5 pages (not including cover page), using Times New Roman font, 1” margins.
- Attachment requirements:
- Expert Service Rate Form provided at the end of this solicitation. IRI may contact previous clients and employers for professional references and compensation confirmation.
Bids must be submitted via email to Caitlin Hanratty, email@example.com with the subject line “IRI2021ExAff08o” by the deadline listed above.
Issuance of this RFQ does not constitute a contractual commitment on the part of IRI, nor does it commit IRI to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a bid.
Deadline: 18 Feb 2021