This role sits in our growing corporate partnerships team, which is in turn a part of our major giving team (corporate partners, major donors, trusts and foundations).
Corporate income grew by more than 100 percent last year, and is on track to double again this year. The cause? A growing portfolio of major multi-year partnerships and a robust pipeline of new business. This role will play a vital role by helping manage relationships with new and existing partners and by supporting lead generation/new business activities.
ShelterBox HQ is in Truro, in beautiful south-west Cornwall but our major giving team is based in London’s Canary Wharf. Overnight visits to Cornwall will be required—roughly four per year. If you like picturesque coastlines, wide open moors and a sea breeze, this shouldn’t be too much of a hardship.
Who are we looking for?
This role is perfect for someone who has recently started a career in corporate fundraising. The right candidate will have autonomy and influence, flexibility to lead projects and the opportunity to build a track record of success in both account management and new business.
We have all the ingredients a motivated and committed corporate fundraiser needs to be successful: a simple and compelling story to tell, powerful case studies and impact data; a growing and exciting pipeline; realistic targets and supportive and knowledgeable senior staff who hate micromanaging; a learning and development culture and where appropriate, opportunities for overseas travel to see the positive impact of our work.
In short, you will be an important part of a growing and exciting organisation, and what you achieve and learn at ShelterBox will turbo charge your future career.
Interviews to be held w/c 29th of October
· Manage existing partnerships: develop relationships with corporate contacts and maximize their support; ensure partners feel part of team ShelterBox providing them with inspiring stories, unique engagement events, and strong impact reports.
· Support new business activities: support our digital lead generation campaigns; play a role in identifying new partners; create and deliver pitches, both as a part of a team or individually.
· Keep CRM records updated and follow Data Protection rules.
· Support the creation and maintenance of income and prospect pipelines and provide information for internal reports and KPI dashboards.
· Keep up to date on developments and trends in international development, with particular focus on the disaster response and emergency shelter sectors.
· Be active and in the fundraising sector, know and follow the latest fundraising legislation and codes of practice, seek out peer learning and peer mentoring opportunities, network and contribute.
· Represent ShelterBox positively at all times and reflect our organisational values.
· Assist in the day to day management of the London office.
· Undertake other reasonable duties as may be required.
Please visit our website at https://www.shelterbox.org/contact/jobs to apply. You must hold existing rights to work within the UK.