The individual will work closely with the Counter Fraud Specialist to ensure the continued development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture in the region, specifically:
* Support the Counter Fraud Specialist in developing a proactive approach to fraud prevention and detection through data analytics;
* Staying alert to emerging fraud trends in the sector and adapting analytical routines to address the new risks;
* Support the Counter Fraud Specialist in producing fraud ‘heat maps’ as and when necessary to support the information requirements of the Head of Fraud, SCI SLT and other stakeholders; and
* From time to time, support ongoing investigations that require specialist skills in data analysis, visualization.
Supporting the Regional Fraud Lead in the coordination of fraud management administration and communication in the East and Southern Africa (ESA), including:
* Support in stakeholder communications relating to fraud incident reports and investigation updates
* Support with case management and record updates and uploads to the case management system, Datix
* Support in the planning and coordination of logistics for fraud trainings sessions conducted by the Regional Fraud lead and other members of the global fraud team (face-to-face awareness training, investigation trainings, Fraud Focal point trainings etc.)
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
* Strong analytical skills to be able to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments from both structured (financial systems) and unstructured data (conversations, investigation reports, complaints etc.);
* Demonstrable understanding of the importance of counter fraud activities and mechanisms for reducing fraud;
* A proven experience in using data analytics software in an audit/risk/investigatory setting to identify and address red flags.
* Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to clearly and confidently articulate and present findings with impact;
* Strong negotiating skills to influence all levels of staff, showing ability to work collaboratively and with peers from different departments;
* The ability to undertake occasional overseas travel;
* Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Membership of a professional anti-fraud body and/or professional data analytics certification.
* Knowledge of SCI systems including Agresso, TIM, ER/CAM, PPM Prime, Datix etc.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website atwww.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
National terms and conditions apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents