Title: Country Director – Myanmar
Employment Type: 3 Years Fixed-Term Contract
Contract Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 35
Location: Yanong, Myanmar
Application Deadline: 31/01/2019
Who we are?
As part of the organisation’s global operations, MA-UK Myanmar provides support to communities in Myanmar that are affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking to recruit an experienced and talented Country Director to provide dynamic leadership and management to develop and deliver the organisation’s strategy in Myanmar. With a focus on leading and building a high-performing, diverse team you will be developing strong relationships with external stakeholders that are critical to the Country Office’s growth and reputation.
Amongst other duties in this role you will:
- Ensure the country office’s programme strategy is responding to the country’s critical development and humanitarian needs.
- Enhance MA-UK Myanmar’s reputation and brand through maintaining positive relationships with other stakeholders, including government, donors, UN bodies, other INGOs, and local NGOs.
- Manage, develop and empower country staff and take responsibility for the country office’s strategic framework, agreed annual plans, budgets and defined delegations of authority.
- Ensure that adequate assessments are carried out in accordance with good working practice and ensure that a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and lessons learning system, including external third party M&E is in place.
- Secure funding in order to enable programme growth and sustainability.
- Ensure that effective and secure budgetary control of the programmes’ finances and expenditures are established and maintained.
- Ensure that there is an adequate analysis of the risks which could impact on MA-UK’s operations in Myanmar, and evaluate the risk appetite of the Myanmar Country Office.
- Maintain an overview of the political and security context, noting how developments may affect programme work.
Why you’ll be hired:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant Masters level qualification or similar academic achievement, and ideally with an academic focus on international development and/or a related certificate in management
- Significant staff management experience
- At least 1 year of working experience in a Country Director or other senior level leadership position in an INGO environment
- Professional proficiency in English
Why you should apply:
This will be a challenging role with lots of autonomy working in a fast-paced and busy environment. If you have the drive and passion to be our Country Director in Myanmar, then please send us your CV with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is an unaccompanied placement and relocation costs will be covered.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will be expected to undergoa background check or a DBS check if you reside in the UK.