Organization: Aga Khan Foundation
Do you have the creativity, maturity and drive to develop new and innovative programs, mobilise resources, manage a portfolio of projects, and foster productive partnerships with diverse stakeholders in Tanzania? If yes, then apply to AKF for this position based in Tanzania and reporting to the Regional Chief Executive Officer, AKF (East Africa).
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and private sector to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solution networks. AKDN makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation designs and implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
This position is part of AKF (EA)’s senior leadership team and provides an exciting opportunity to lead and expand the Foundation’s programming portfolio in Tanzania in multiple sectors. S/he will be responsible for leading and managing the programme portfolio, mobilising new resources, cultivating strategic partnerships and ensuring effective implementation in Tanzania. Working closely with the Regional CEO, the Country Director will be responsible to expand the Tanzania program portfolio by mobilising additional funds. S/he will also oversee country-based operations staff including programmes, finance, administration, IT and properties.
- Effectively mobilise resources for new and existing programs through positioning AKF(Tz) as partner of choice, development of high-quality funding proposals, and engaging with donors.
- Ensure that the programme portfolio is effectively implemented, monitored and evaluated through strong leadership and coordination across all projects and sectors.
- Lead the AKF annual budgeting and business planning processes for Country and programmes within Tanzania.
- Ensure efficient grants management, contracts compliance and high-quality impact of all programmes.
- Work with AKF EA Regional Leadership to develop goals, strategies and plans for strategic development of programmes across all sectors.
- Coordinate with AKDN agencies on the development and implementation of programmes in Tanzania.
- Oversee the effective management of AKF (Tz)’s property assets to ensure that all properties are utilised as intended and properly managed i.e. maintenance, insurance, rents collection, lease conditions, payments, etc.
- Engage proactively with government and stakeholders to credibly represent the Aga Khan Foundation and its sister agencies as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in International Development and/or humanitarian assistance, of which at least 5 years in senior position
- Strong programme management & people management skills at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilisation with ability to write strong proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, ability to network with government and a range of development partners
- Working across cultures & communicate effectively
- Exceptional English communications skills, able to make strong oral presentations and produce high quality written reports, concept notes and proposals
- Experience in East Africa (particularly Tanzania) is a distinct advantage
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications with CVs, including three references, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for this senior position by 30th April 2019 to the Regional Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation East Africa by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network