Organization: CARE USA
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE International (CI) is a global confederation of humanitarian and development non-governmental organizations working to reduce poverty and social injustice around the world. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Country Director to lead CARE’s work in Turkey. The Country Director (CD) is CARE International (CI)’s legal representative in Turkey. S/he leads CARE’s strategy and operations in that country towards CARE’s Vision, Mission and Focus.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Country Director will provide effective leadership and management to CARE International (CI) staff and other stakeholders to undertake CARE International’s role in addressing poverty and injustice and providing humanitarian assistance when needed consistent with CI’s Vision, Mission and Focus. The Country Director will be responsible for fulfilling the CI approved “Performance Standards of Country Offices” and will have overall responsibility and leadership to ensure the relevance, impact and cost-effectiveness of CARE International in Turkey.
The person in this role will represent CI in the country, guiding a relevant program strategy development and implementation, ensuring effective humanitarian capacity and timely response, leading operational planning, and overseeing financial, operations and human resource management, including the safety and security of all CI staff and visitors in Turkey. The Country Director has primary responsibility for the safety and security of CARE staff and to safeguard all organizational assets and operations.
- Build and maintain a strong, innovative senior leadership team
- Lead the design, implementation, and evolution of the Country Office (CO) strategic plan
- Oversee CO programming to advance CARE’s vision and mission, in line with CARE’s Program Strategy and standards for program quality
- Direct the mobilization, management, and accounting of all resources in the CO
- Oversee the management and development of CO human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce
- Develop and enhance relationships, partnerships and networks between the CO, other parts of CARE and external organizations to maximize CARE’s impact on poverty and social justice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian and International Cooperation or related field
- Minimum of ten years of senior managerial experience in international development and humanitarian assistance
- Demonstrated use of positive coping strategies in stressful environments and a good appreciation of security protocol relevant to such contexts
- Strategic and Operational Management
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning and analysis
- Demonstrated management skills in a complex international setting
- People/Relationship Management
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Experience supervising and developing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
- Excellent resource mobilization skills
- Experience and skills in leading organizational change processes
- Solid understand and extensive experience with financial management as demonstrated by the ability to:
- Manage a complex budget
- Ensure donor compliance and reporting
- Ability to establish a learning culture within the CO and to facilitate knowledge sharing across CARE
- Proven experience developing and managing various forms of external partnerships
- Strong representation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing)
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU…
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEOrights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.